Throwback – 180 Away
In this drill the player with the ball should carry the ball with his stick head high (near his shoulder/ear) and sprint out about 5 yards. If he is carrying it right handed, he should then immediately turn 180 degrees to the left (so he is facing back towards his partner). His stick must immediately go into a threat position, and quickly snaps a pass back to the next player in line while continuing to back away from his partner. he should continue about 3-4 steps after he releases tee ball.
The teaching points are:
- Carry the ball high and spring
- Quickly turn and get the stick to a threat position
- Snap a quick pass back to the next player
- Continue to back away for 3-4 steps
- Younger/novice players should start doing just strong hand (then both hands later in the season)
- Older/more experienced players should do it both directions
This is a very high repetition drill and should be run for a total of about 3 minutes.